This version was updated in October 2018
GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS – This Policy explains how we may process your information. This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time to reflect changes in our practices with respect to the Processing of your information, or changes in applicable law. We encourage you to read this Policy carefully and to regularly check this page for any revisions that may be made.
The Data Controller for your personal data is S.C. MARCOM EXPERT srl, (“MARCOM EXPERT”) a research & consultancy company founded in 2004. The main activities performed by MARCOM EXPERT called ”Services” are related to market research, customized ad-hoc analysis, business development, marketing strategies, business transformation advice, cloud computing adoption, business & technical original content creations, dedicated eBooks and Guides publishing, and personal data protection (GDPR) services.
This Policy covers information collected by MARCOM EXPERT through various means of communication including but not limited to the following websites:
CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION
All personal information collected and processed by MARCOM EXPERT are exclusively B2B. We may have access to your personal details (e.g., your name); your business contact details (e.g., your business physical address, your business email address, and your business phone); services purchase details; details of your employer; information about your interactions with our content, social media, and any commercial information related to your services purchase (e.g., training services, research services, publishing services in our Catalogues, advisory services, business development services, and consultancy services).
“Personal Information” means information about any individual, or from which any individual is directly or indirectly identifiable.
“Process”, “Processing” or “Processed” means anything that is done with any Personal Information, including but not limited to collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, retrieval, and use, disclosure by transmission, erasure or destruction.
We may Process the following categories of B2B Personal Information about you:
- Personal details: your name;
- Demographic details: salutation; job title, company information, and language preferences.
- Contact details: business mailing address(s); business phone and/or mobile number(s); business email address(s).
- Consent records: records of any consents you may have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g. email opt-in).
- Location information: location data that describes the geographic location of your device (“Location Data”).
- Employer details: where you interact with us as an employee of a company, the contact information of your employer (including name, address, telephone number and email address) to the extent applicable.
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you choose to send, or publicly post about MARCOM EXPERT on social media platforms or in the Services, including on websites, forums, and communities.
We also collect other kinds of information from you or other sources, referred to as “Business-to-Business Information” in this Policy, which may include but is not limited to:
- Information about your use of the Services, such as usage data.
- Information about the approximate B2B physical location (for example, the city or postal code level) of a computer or device derived from the IP address of such computer or device.
Under certain circumstances and depending on applicable law, some of this Other Information may constitute Personal Information. Personal Information together with Business-to-Business Information (B2B) is hereinafter referred to as “B2B User Information”.
HOW WE COLLECT OR CREATE INFORMATION
We may collect or obtain User Information about you: directly from you (e.g., if you contact us by phone, email, or social media channels); in the course of our interactions with you (e.g., if you interact with our marketing, sales, or customer support); when you make your Personal Information public (e.g., if you make a public post about us on social media); when you download, share or use any of our Product or Services; or when you interact with any third party content on the Services. We may also receive User Information about you from third parties (e.g., social network sites). We may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us. MARCOM EXPERT is not responsible for Personal Information you volunteer about yourself in public areas of the Services.
This Policy does not cover the practices of third parties who may provide information about you to MARCOM EXPERT.
Collection of B2B User Information:
We may collect B2B User Information about you from the following sources:
- Data you provide: We may obtain your B2B Personal Information when you provide it to us across our Services (e.g., where you sign up for emails, newsletters, webinars or other communications; register any part of the Services; participate in surveys; contact us by any means; purchase a content product, research analysis, training or professional services; or when you provide us with your business card at tradeshows, etc.).
- Relationship data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information in the ordinary course of our interaction with you (e.g., if you interact with our advisory or consultancy services).
- Data you make public: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information that you make public, including via social media (e.g., from your social media profile(s) if you make a public post about us) or through our chats, forums or communities on the Services.
- Service data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information when you visit, download, or use any part of our Service.
- Content and advertising information: If you choose to interact with any third party content on the Services, we may receive User Information about you from the relevant third party (e.g, publishing group, or events agency).
- Third party information: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information from third parties who provide it to us. This may include telephone or direct mail efforts; from customers, vendors, partners, suppliers, third parties, commercially available or publicly-available sources (e.g., data brokers, data aggregators, public databases, etc.); third-party affiliate network operators; referral sources; social network sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.). Please note that MARCOM EXPERT is not responsible for the information you volunteer about yourself in the discussions in public areas of the Services, or information that you choose to make public where the Services allow users to upload or post content. Users should not post Personal Information in this fashion.
Creation of B2B User Information
We may also create B2B User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us and details of your purchase history.
PURPOSES WE PROCESS YOUR B2B INFORMATION
Processing B2B User Information may include but is not limited to: providing Services to you; communicating with you; analysing user engagement and purchase activity; marketing our products and services; conducting surveys; and maintaining compliance with applicable laws.
The purposes for which we may Process B2B User Information, subject to applicable law, include:
- Providing Services to You: providing the Services including, offering original content, research analysis, forums and communities, management of your account, professional services engagements, and customer support.
- Surveys: communicating with you for the purposes of obtaining feedback about our experience, products and Services.
- Communications: communicating with you via any means regarding news items and other information in which you may be interested, subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law; maintaining and updating your contact information; and obtaining and verifying opt-in consent where required.
- Advertising and Marketing: providing advertising and marketing of products and Services for prospects and customers. You may unsubscribe for free or opt out of these marketing communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email or by sending your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may continue to contact you regarding the Services.
- MARCOM EXPERT reserves the right to access and disclose any information, data, graphics, video, sound, files and other content created by, provided by, or accessed by you (“Content”) in order to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests.
WHAT INFORMATION COULD BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your B2B User Information to legal and regulatory authorities; external advisors; any party as necessary in connection with legal proceedings; any party as necessary for investigating, detecting or preventing criminal offences; any purchaser of our business services; and any third party providers of advertising or content used on the Services.
We may share your B2B Information with our partners such as your name, business postal address, business email, or another identifier. Our partners may also: collect information directly from you.
We DID NOT TRANSFER your Personal Information to other locations in other countries. MARCOM EXPERT will Process Personal Information when we receive your data in accordance with this Policy.
If you are a European individual with a privacy-related complaint, concern or question about MARCOM EXPERT’ privacy practices, please contact us directly at email@example.com, and we will respond within a reasonable time after receiving your request.
MARCOM EXPERT has implemented security measures to protect your B2B User Information. All B2B User Information is an encrypted and local store. All archives and backups are encrypted and stored in safe places. All communication with our partners concerning B2B User Information is secured by password protected file attachment, where the password is transferred by separate email or SMS.
Please be advised transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. MARCOM EXPERT cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet. Any transmission of data is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that B2B Personal Information is sent securely.
DATA ACCURACY AND TRANSPARENCY
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your B2B User Information is accurate and processed in a transparent manner, and when necessary, kept up to date. Our Transparency is implemented in all our services, from data collection, data processing, until data storage and data erasing.
We may contact you to ensure User Information is up to date and accurate. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime in order to exercise your rights related to data accuracy.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your B2B User Information that we Process is limited to that reasonably necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy or as required to provide you services or to access and use products and the Services.
MARCOM EXPERT retains information for such periods as it believes it is useful, or as may be required by contract, applicable laws or regulations. Information provided to MARCOM EXPERT is stored within internal systems or cloud storage providers inside European Union.
WHAT CAN I DO TO CONTROL MY INFORMATION?
You can directly take steps to change your preferences for newsletters and direct emailing as outlined in this section.
If you are an EU resident, you have certain rights including but not limited to:
- the right not to provide your B2B Personal Information to us;
- the right of access to your B2B Personal Information;
- the right to request data portability;
- the right to request rectification of inaccuracies;
- the right to request the erasure;
- the right to request a restriction to process;
- the right to object;
- the right to control your automated individual decision-making, including profiling
- the right to lodge complaints with supervisory authorities.
We may require proof of or need to verify your identity before we can give effect to these rights.
You may directly take steps to change your preferences as follows:
- Marketing Materials: At any time, you can opt out or unsubscribe to any marketing emails at any time by following the instructions on emails you receive. Please allow ten to fifteen business days for changes to take effect. If you opt out to receive marketing materials, you may still be contacted for other business purposes.
- EU Residents. According to GDPR, You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case some of the functionality of the Services may not be available. These rights include, in accordance with applicable law, the right to object to or request the restriction of processing of your information and to request access to, or erasure of your own information.
Requests regarding your information must be submitted by contacting us using the information below. If you are an EU resident and have any unresolved privacy concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily after contacting us, you have the right to contact the appropriate EU Supervisory Authority and lodge a complaint.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you may contact us at the addresses set out below or by emailing at email@example.com
S.C. MARCOM EXPERT srl.
Attention: Management & Legal
23 Unirii Av. Bl.13, Ap.40, Bucharest, Sect. 4, 040103
Our Data Protection Coordinator may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org